<--[[aNa*KrO g]]-->

Thursday, September 14, 2006

How Does Gender Stereo Type Affect Girls and Women in Afghanistan?

This report I will be telling you about is made by a reporter
called Cassandra Nelson, for a report to Scholastic news, I think that
is very unfair that all those poor girls and women suffer only because a
religion group named the taliban. This women have been living something they
don't have to. Men and boys are not superior than women , and is unfair that
men have more privilages and can go to school and study. If women can also be
capable of doing that, they have all the right of going to school as they are. I
dont understand why women and girls have to use a birka if they can show their
face and body. Because they are not showing anything that is wrong.

Why do they think women have to do all house labors, cook care for children
if they can too, they have two hands also. So there is nothing that makes women
do everything in house as if they were only useless to cook and care for
children and not to go and study in school or a career. Those girls that work
for hours in their houses just by the only thing in change , if they let them go
to school. This is what a girl said of what she did in a day: "I get up before sunrise to say my morning prayers, and after that I study and prepare for school. Then I have to bring water from the well, make tea, help my mother cook breakfast, sweep the house, and help wash the dishes. I go to school at 8 am. It is just a short walk from our house. School gets out at noon. Then I come home and help my mother cook lunch and clean house. I do homework for about two-and-a-half hours in the afternoon. In the evening, I get more water from the well and help cook dinner. After all my housework is done, I study a little more and work on my embroidery. We usually go sleep at about 8 p.m. We do not have any electricity so there is not much to do after it gets dark."

Do you think is fair that a girl of 12 years has to do all this work only to go to school?It is amazing what happens around the world. Now when you don't want to go to school , remember this it would make you change of mind!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home